When you have a design detailed enough to begin production, build to print services provide the time, resources and equipment you don't have in-house to complete manufacturing. The next time you need to manufacture a replacement component or new product, Waycon Manufacturing can help you increase your efficiency, safety and quality with our build to print services.
What Does “Build to Print” Mean?
Build to print is a type of service manufacturing companies may offer clients. In a typical build to print scenario, your company has an engineer create a drawing of the component, equipment or finished product they want to create. This drawing is very detailed, including exact measurements, materials and any other relevant details. You can even specify manufacturing processes that should go into building the product.
Then, you involve a manufacturing company that can take this drawing and bring it to life. The component or system the manufacturer creates should adhere exactly to your specifications. A build to print service gives you an option to handle the design process in-house but outsource the manufacturing to a company like Waycon Manufacturing that is well-equipped to realize your vision.
The Build to Print Process
The following breaks down the steps in the build to print process:
A build to print manufacturer does not design to print — they need a print design ready to go. Therefore, you start the process by designing the product you need manufactured in-house using your company's engineers. In some cases, you may need to use build to print services to replicate an existing object, such as a failed component in a piece of equipment you use in your operations. In these cases, rather than designing a product from scratch, you'll need to document the build specifications so the manufacturer can create an exact copy of the component.
Once the manufacturer receives your design, they will review the drawing carefully with help from their in-house engineers. This review ensures they have the information needed to manufacture your product and that it falls in line with their build capabilities. Next, adhering to your design specs, the manufacturer will adapt the design for their manufacturing process so they are ready to begin building the product.
3. Manufacturing and Assembly
The build to print company will manufacture the component, equipment or product in-house, following the client's specifications exactly. When you work with Waycon Manufacturing, you'll remain in conversation with our team throughout the manufacturing and assembly stage to ensure we're meeting your expectations. We are equipped for a wide range of processes, including various types of cutting, CNC machining, metal forming, welding, fabrication, sandblasting, painting and much more.
Why Do Companies Choose to Outsource Work?
Having a component or system built to print is a way of outsourcing work. There are several reasons a company may choose this route. Let's consider some of the main pros of outsourcing build to print services. Handing over design specifications and outsourcing manufacturing can allow you to:
- Focus on your strengths: When you outsource work that would otherwise take up more of your company's time and resources, you can invest more time and energy into the core of your business. In other words, you can double down on your strengths and concentrate on managing your business effectively.
- Streamline your operations: Outsourcing parts of the process also helps you streamline your operations. In some cases, this may prove to be a more cost-effective option — especially if you don't have the equipment or expertise needed to efficiently build your product.
- Maintain control: One of the great advantages of build to print compared to other outsourcing avenues is that it allows you to maintain complete ownership of your intellectual property. It also enables you to control the way your product is manufactured so it meets your exact specifications.
When to Use Build to Print Services
There are two scenarios when you might use build to print services:
- Replications: If a component on your industrial equipment breaks and it isn't a standard part you can quickly replace, build to print is an excellent option for replacing the component and getting your equipment working again. Rather than attempting to create the component in-house, you can provide a drawing to a build to print company and have your equipment working again in short order. This tends to be the most common application for build to print services.
- New builds: You can also use build to print services for new designs and builds. For instance, you may want to create a prototype of your new design to test it out and see if you need to alter the design. Or you may want to do a low-volume run of a particular product and may not have the in-house capabilities to produce the product to your standards of efficiency and quality.
Our Build Capabilities
When you partner with Waycon Manufacturing for build to print services, you gain access to our extensive range of capabilities. This includes engineering support to ensure your project meets your expectations, as well as the equipment, materials and expertise needed to handle a variety of manufacturing and assembly processes.
With our CNC machine shop, we can take on advanced CNC machining projects and deliver with precision. Our state-of-the-art tooling enables us to hold tolerances of up to 0.0005 inches in diameter. We can also weld metals using processes like metal core, flux core, TIG, MIG, stick, hardwire and full pan welding. These are just a couple of examples of all the capabilities you gain when you work with Waycon Manufacturing.
Waycon Manufacturing is well equipped to take on a variety of projects involving diverse materials and manufacturing processes. If you need a build to print partner to manufacture your component or system, Waycon Manufacturing can provide the comprehensive manufacturing, procuring and logistics service you're looking for.
Build to Print Services From Waycon Manufacturing
If a build to print service will help you with your project, learn more about Waycon Manufacturing and the one-stop shop capabilities we provide. When you work with us, you gain access to expert engineering, the latest equipment and advanced tooling.
Schedule your free build to print consultation with Waycon Manufacturing to get started today.