Waycon Manufacturing is led by a group of experienced engineers and trades people equipped with extensive tooling and equipment.
We currently have an opportunity for a Lead Hand Machinist with extensive background in CNC machining and leadership. This is a hands-on role, and your duties include day-today coordination and oversight of machinists ensuring the team have what they need to perform high-speed machining operations safely and to quality standards.
We’re looking for dedicated and reliable machinists with proven background in leadership. We offer an excellent total compensation package which includes a comprehensive benefits plan. We look forward to reviewing your application.
- Oversees all day-to-day operational, QC and support activities.
- Train, develop and supervise the work of employees.
- Program, set up and operate CNC machinery.
- Design and build tooling, jigs, and fixtures.
- Oversee ordering and tooling conditions, machines, and workstations.
- Standardize programs and repeatable processes.
- Answer technical questions and provide solutions.
- Follow safe work procedures, and report incidents and potential hazards.
- Continuous improvement by implementing and/or supporting new ideas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Red Seal Machinist.
- 20+ years of professional experience running mills, lathes or horizontal.
- 20+ years of professional experience reading G-code and programming machines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Hold high quality and safety standards in workmanship.
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively in team environment.