We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Estimator/Project Engineer to join our team. You will require machining, fabrication and operation experience in design and industrial equipment manufacturing. You will be tasked with overseeing the estimating and contract department. In addition, you will design and manage projects from start through to completion across multiple industries.
- Solid Works
- Product design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Costing & Project management
- Equipment Design & Manufacturing
- Review project requirements and determine scope of work.
- Oversee and approve cost estimating; identify and approve project costs, production timelines, materials and labour cost estimates and contract proposals.
- Attend site visits and meetings as required.
- Design customized equipment, machinery, and structures.
- Interpret build-to-print drawings and alter where needed to enhance production.
- Prepare drawing packages.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders at all levels to ensure project objectives are met.
- Client and stakeholder point of contact.
- Develop customer relations and provide mechanical manufacturing expertise.
- Mentor and coach other estimating employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned/required.
- Diploma or degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial manufacturing PNG. Distinct advantage.
- 10 years + in equipment design and manufacturing.
- 10 years + in project management.
- 10 years + in sales and estimating in a mechanical engineering and manufacturing.
- Experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to a wide range of manufacturing processes; cutting, machining, welding, fabrication, sandblast, paint, and assembly.
- Hold high quality and safety standards in workmanship.
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively in team environment.
We build industrial projects from the ground up, from design to final assembly.
If you have a diploma or degree in mechanical, manufacturing or industrial manufacturing. If you have a strong background in design of customized equipment, machinery and structures. If you're looking for long term stable employment. If you have a great work ethic and want to be apart of a talented team of skilled trades people building a variety of challenging and custom industrial solutions under one roof. If you have the drive to see a project through from design to build. We want to hear from you!
The team with project engineering skills at Waycon oversee manufacturing jobs from beginning to end. Whether it's research, design, or testing, inspecting and install, Waycon project engineers typically work closely with the trades team across multiple disciplines from machine operators, machinists, welders, fabricators, painters and assembly to deliver high-quality, custom machines and equipment.
Our project engineer jobs at our facility in Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, allow these professionals to gain experience in a wide variety of industries, including agriculture, forestry, mining, construction, energy, renewable energy, transportation and more. If you're looking for project engineer jobs, apply to Waycon today.
Project Engineer Job Description
Project engineering professionals play a critical role at Waycon by ensuring parts performance and quality control through every step of production. These engineering team follow parts from start to finish, confirming that designs, manufacturing processes and testing procedures are precise.
For our project engineer jobs in Penticton, BC, professionals need engineering expertise and organizational skills that support a solid final product. While they oversee techniques in custom manufacturing, they also keep teams on track and allocate responsibilities to ensure a project is running smoothly. A project engineer will collaborate with other leaders at Waycon to deliver the quality that defines our operation.
The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer’s Roles and Responsibilities
Waycon project engineers in BC design custom equipment, parts and machinery, and interpret and edit build-to-print designs for optimal results. These experts also prepare drawing packages from simple parts to advanced machinery systems.
On the management side, project engineering professionals maintain customer relations with sound technical expertise. They collaborate with project stakeholders to ensure all objectives are met and prepare estimates, quotes and contract proposals based on project specifications.
Flexibility is required for these positions, as project engineers may take on additional responsibilities, like fieldwork, as necessary. Work will vary according to a project's size and scope.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
Our project engineer jobs require advanced project management abilities with estimating and technical sales experience. Project engineering employees should also have product design, drafting, CAD and leadership skills to oversee their teams. Strong communication skills and knowledge of product design and manufacturing processes such welding, fabrication and machining.
Mechanical engineering and industrial manufacturing technical skills and support are a must. Experience in a range of industries, from construction to HVAC, is helpful, and a few years of project management and/or sales experience are necessary. Applicants should have a diploma or degree from a reputable college such as UBC, BCIT, SAIT or Okanagan College in manufacturing or mechanical engineering and have at least five years of experience in the field.
- Project management
- Technical sales
- Product design
Why Work at Waycon?
Our project engineer jobs in Penticton, BC, offer opportunities for skill development and career growth. Waycon is an industry-leading custom manufacturer that fosters a connected workplace culture within our skilled industrial team.
With competitive wages and insurance, our team members feel represented in the workplace, while career mobility and career opportunities make it possible to strengthen your technical skills.
If you're looking to further your career as a project engineer in BC, your search stops here. Waycon is an industry leader in custom manufacturing. With our project engineer positions in Penticton, BC, you have the opportunity to develop your professional skills and work as part of a connected and knowledgeable team. Apply for a Senior Project Engineer position today.