We have an opportunity for a Lead Estimator Sales to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and providing quotes to a diversified industrial customer base requiring metal fabricated products. You will require a strong technical background in industrial design and manufacturing, machining, fabrication and mechanical.
- Develop and manage relations within the industrial manufacturing industry, act as a technical representative to customers to meet their operational goals.
- Identify RFQ opportunities.
- Review tender documents, drawings and documentation and prepare estimations and contract proposal.
- Submit project scope and quote to customer.
- Participate in bid closing meetings, address any agendas, and change orders.
- Create work orders.
- Attend kick-off meetings and work closely with planning engineering and production to successfully executive project work plans.
- Act as a point of contact for customer, coordinate with customer and production ensuring a high-quality project and on-time delivery.
- Visit customers facilities, site locations to discuss capital projects, custom design, equipment, and machinery solutions.
- Track job expenses of ongoing projects.
- On occasion travel within Canada and USA to visit site locations as well as attend trade shows and relevant conferences.
- 5 years’ experience in estimating speciality fabrication projects.
- Experience in CNC cutting, machining, fabrication, welding, forming, bending, paint and assembly.
- Mechanical engineering technologist or trade as millwright, machinist, fabricator, welder.
- Creative and proven problem-solving ability.
- Highly motivated individual with strong communication, organizational, customer relations and team engagement.
- Strong people skills with a demonstrated ability for respect of all co-workers, maintaining the company culture and standards of conduct and communication.