Waycon Manufacturing uses advanced fabrication technologies to engineer and manufacture custom metal parts, components and systems for transportation industries. We serve custom automotive, off-road and long haul businesses. Our transportation and automotive metal fabrication capabilities include project management, build to print, engineering, welding, fabrication, assembly and logistics.
With our end-to-end engineering and manufacturing abilities, transportation clients count on us as their one-stop shop for steel, stainless steel and aluminum fabrication.
Waycon Custom Transportation
and Off-Road Metal Fabrication
When working with clients in transportation, we specialize in engineering and manufacturing light-duty to heavy-duty components. Examples of the components we manufacture for transportation businesses include:
- Off-road equipment
- Safety equipment such as access platforms for haul trucks
Your Creator and Designer
of the Waycon Fifth Wheel Slide
One of our most frequently requested products is the Waycon Fifth Wheel Slide, a fifth wheel slide designed for medium-duty to extreme-duty applications. This component offers the following advantages in truck and heavy equipment operation:
- Simple, one-day installation
- Reduced stress on the clutch, transmission, drive-line, rear ends and axles due to improved stability during position change
- More than 10 years of testing in the field
- Compatible with all brands of wheels
- Teflon wear pads to slide the component under the load easily
- Self-cleaning outside rail tooth design
The Advantages of Partnering With Waycon
We set ourselves apart from other steel manufacturers through our experience, capabilities and certifications.
Highly Experienced and Reliable Engineers and Fabricators
We have a well-established presence among metal fabricators in British Columbia, which gives us access to an extensive network of manufacturing partners and suppliers. Using our vast expertise and resources in transportation, we can complete build to print projects or our proprietary components that will exceed your expectations.
Build to Print Capabilities
Our build to print facility is an extension of your business. We will collaborate closely with your team members, make your design compatible with our technology and stay in close communication to ensure we manufacture your part or component to your specifications and on-time.
Extensive In-House Capabilities and Equipment Types
The Waycon fabrication shop delivers the following capabilities through state-of-the-art equipment:
- Engineering and design: SOLIDWORKS 3D software
- CNC metal cutting: STI-200-HDCNC CNC plasma table, Flow Corporation Mach 3 4020B waterjet cutter and Hydmech S-20A band saw
- CNC machining: Haas, TOS and Challenger CNC turning centers, milling machines and boring machines
- Metal forming: 170, 350 and 500-tonne brake presses