Extreme Duty Design. Built to Last.
Saves Time and Money.
The Waycon Fifth Wheel Slide is one of our most popular products because of its time- and money-saving design. Slide your fifth wheel with the flip of a switch in your truck cab. By automating the fifth wheel sliding process, this product maximizes your efficiency and reduces stress on your clutch, transmission, drive-line, rear-ends and axles. With less pressure on these truck components, you can save money on repairs and replacements.
Fifth Wheel Slide Specifications
The specifications for the medium-duty and heavy-duty Fifth Wheel Slide include:
- Medium-duty: Configuration rated to 65,000 lbs. standard 42 inches of travel
- Heavy-duty: Configuration rated to 85,000 lbs. standard 50 inches of travel (custom travel lengths available)
Both the medium-duty and heavy-duty Fifth Wheel Slide accept any wheel brand, making them a versatile choice for any trucking fleet. They have a flat, smooth slider plate top that makes it simple to use the wheel of your choice. Each product also includes the following features:
- Teflon wear pads for easy slide under load
- Easy installation
- Self-cleaning outside rail tooth design
We designed the Fifth Wheel Slide to provide easy installation. Installation takes one day because we send it to you pre-welded and ready to set up. After you position the fifth wheel rails in your desired location, clamp them to your frame with C clamps. Once you have your rails placed, lay the fifth wheel slide plate and align the rails to it using your dogging teeth. This alignment will show you where to drill holes in the truck rails for installation.
The Fifth Wheel Slide's design offers extreme-duty performance in any conditions. You can use it to slide extreme weights while under load thanks to its UMHW inserts and self-cleaning rail tooth design. At Waycon, we manufacture all major components in-house, including the dogging system and teeth. Our Fifth Wheel Slide design and build has more than 20 years in the field with impressive extreme-duty results.
Choose Waycon Manufacturing
as Your End-to-End Fabrication Partner
Partner with us for your components and equipment, and experience the following benefits:
- End-to-end capabilities: Our in-house team includes engineers and manufacturers ready to work with you on trucking projects that will enhance safety and quality. We collaborate with you through every step of manufacturing to ensure your satisfaction with the results.
- Experience with multiple industries: We have experience working with clients in a wide range of industries, including transportation and heavy equipment.
- Customizable travel lengths: If you have a different travel length than listed in our specifications, ask about our custom capabilities. We can manufacture a heavy-duty Fifth Wheel Slide with the travel length that meets your precise requirements.
Learn more about the Waycon Fifth Wheel Slide or request a custom build by contacting our team today.