Waycon handles a vast spectrum of advanced and common CNC machining projects achieving tolerances of +/- .0005 of an inch. The Waycon machining department includes CNC turning centres, CNC mills and four-Axis and five-Axis boring machines.
We have an opportunity for a Red Seal Machinist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for running horizontal mills Haas EC 1600 ZT and Challenger HBM-4.
- Set up and operate CNC machines to make precision components.
- Excellent programming knowledge.
- Editing and/or creating programs i.e.: GCode.
- Ability to work to tight tolerances and experience with complex set-ups.
- Follow precise specifications with strong attention to detail.
- Read machining drawings in metric and standard.
- Maintain equipment and organized clean work area.
- Use of overhead crane.
- 5 years’ proven experience working as a CNC Machinist.
- Confident programming, set-up and operating horizontal mills 4-Axis and 5 Axis
- Advantage running horizontal boring mills Haas.
- Thorough knowledge of and MASTERCAM
- Creative and proven problem-solving ability.
- Mechanically inclined, precision, and excellent attention to detail.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Self-motivated team player.