Custom Sheet Metal Fabrication
Our 33,400 square foot facility uses a wide variety of metal types in contract fabrication. To provide high-quality, abrasion-resistant solutions, we proudly partner with Hardox and Strenx. The primary types of materials we use for sheet metal fabrication include:
- Steel (AR 400 / AR 500, Qt100, 44W, 80W)
- Stainless steel
Our custom fabricators can also work with additional material types such as bronze. Let us know your material and metal fabrication requirements and we will build to exact specification.
Metal Fabrication Equipment
We combine computerized fabrication equipment and traditional methods to fabricate parts, equipment and machinery to your specifications. Our advanced machines perform these fabrication processes:
- CNC plasma cutting: In applications that require precision cutting, we use our STI-200-HD with Burny 10 controls. This CNC plasma cutter can cut materials up to 6 inches in thickness using computerized directions, with average cuts of about 1.5 inches.
- Saw cutting: When cutting larger pieces of metal, we use the Hydmech S-20A band saw to cut heavy-duty applications up to 13 inches tall and 18 inches wide. This scissor-style band saw can cut both rectangular and round shapes or prepare a component for detailed cutting.
- Waterjet cutting: Our Flow Mach 3 4020B waterjet cutter provides tight cutting tolerances for precision applications. It can handle materials up to 7 inches in thickness and uses FlowMaster PC-based controls.
- CNC machining: For machining applications, we have an extensive tooling and CNC machining capacity, ranging from CNC lathes, milling machines and 4-5 Axis boring machines. In addition, we use advanced manufacturing software MasterCam to boost productivity and quality builds.
- Welding: Our welding shop specializes in stick, TIG, MIG, Flux-Core, Metal-Core, hardwire, and full penetration (full-pen) welding. We are steel, stainless steel and aluminum certified to CSA standard W47.1 Fusion Welding of Steel and W47.2 Fusion Welding of Aluminum. Our AWS certification is to standard D1.1 Structural Steel and D1.2 Structural Aluminum. We can combine methods as needed to create the appropriate bond for your project.
- Forming: There are no limits to what we can bend. Ranging from 170 to 500 Tonne bending capability, our most common metal forming projects are 0.5 inches thick and 10 feet long. If required, we have the capacity to customize bends above and beyond this.
The Benefits of
Partnering With Waycon
The benefits of working with Waycon on your contract metal fabrication project include:
We take care of custom metal fabrication as one of our many contract manufacturing processes. From raw material, cut, form, machine, fit, weld, blast, paint, assemble, refrigeration, electrical and automation, procurement and shipment - we handle everything, which is one of the key advantages of partnering with Waycon.
Highly-Skilled, Knowledgeable Fabricators
Our fabricators and contract metal manufacturers have extensive blueprint reading skills and are dedicated to ensuring your part is custom fabricated to exact specification.
Under one roof, Waycon has extensive, high-performing tooling and precision metal fabrication equipment to ensure your project is delivered on time and to high-quality standard.
We stand by everything we build. Our team of engineers and manufacturers are proud of their work, always ensuring they adhere to quality controls. Waycon Manufacturing is CSA and AWS certified to provide you with quality assurance on all projects we complete.
Schedule a Free
Metal Fabrication Consultation
The Waycon Manufacturing team is committed to your success. We specialize in custom metal fabrication for engineering firms, OEMs and industrial businesses.
To ensure your satisfaction, your dedicated project manager will communicate progress updates and relay your feedback. To discuss your metal fabrication and engineering project with our team of experts, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.